[Vision2020] Update on Property Tax Appeals

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 13:16:52 PDT 2004

Visionaries:

The Idaho State Board of Tax Appeals has notified Saundra Lund and me that
our appeal of the BOE's decision to continue to allow property tax exemption of
the parcel of New St. Andrews containing the Bookstore will be heard November
4, at 1:45 pm at the Best Western in Moscow.  The IBTA acting on advice from
County Officials moved from the traditional venue, i.e. the Commissioners
Hearing Room at the Courthouse, to the Best Western because of the large attendance
during the July hearings.

Saundra and I anticipate that we will be granted intervener status in the
appeals made by Christ Church counsel, Greg Dickison.  Mr. Dickison, is appealing
the revocation of property tax exemption from Anselm House (the building
owned by the church and used in a variety
of ways) and the parcel of New St. Andrews containing the Zume Bakery.
Intervener status  allows us to bring our own documentation and testimony into the
public record.

We look forward to testifying and encourage those of you who are able to
attend the hearing to come.  (I think the hearings for the properties being
appealed by Mr. Dickison on behalf of Christ Church are to be held the morning of
the 4th.  I will alert 2020 readers when I have seen a copy of the official
schedule.  Some of us will be making a day of it and we anticipate a happy ending.

Best,
Rose Huskey

"One cannot level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan