[Vision2020] Bush Thinks You're Stupid

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:31:40 PDT 2004

                                                     Bush thinks You’re
Stupid

Does Bush think you’re stupid? I think he does think you are stupid. In
fact, he is betting this year’s election on it. And chances are he will be
correct with about 50 million voting Americans. So why do I think Bush
thinks you are stupid? Well, primarily because of the way he sets up his
arguments.

Let us take, for example, the war with Iraq. This entire war was framed from
the beginning to lead people to the undeniable conclusion that we should go
to war with Iraq.

Here is the argument that he used:

Saddam must hand over his weapons of mass destruction or Iraqi will be
invaded.

This is a false dilemma because Saddam didn’t have any Weapons of Mass
Destruction (WMDs). You cannot hand over something that you do not have.
There is nothing that Saddam, or anyone, could do to prevent the war. Bush
knew this. He knew that Saddam did not have WMDs and brought people to
believe that Saddam was simply hiding them and refusing to let United
Nations weapons inspectors find them.

Therefore, the question must be asked, “How do I know that the sitting
President did know that WMDs did not exist? Simple, because he lied about
specific examples of WMDS.

Colin Powell, Secretary of State, lied before hundreds of cameras to the
American people, and millions more, that particular buildings in Iraq
contained particular weapons of mass destruction.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/05/iraq/main598147.shtml

Among them were at the UN, but not limited to, Active Chemical Munitions
stored at Taji, Iraq.
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/pix/secretary/2003/17287.htm

As well as terrorist poison and explosives in Khurmal, Iraq.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/pix/secretary/2003/17352.htm

A logical response to this argument might be that this was what was really
believed at the time. If the Bush administration really believed this, it
would only be logical to go to the buildings and inspect them to be sure.
The counter argument to this is that maybe we could not access these
buildings. Nevertheless, we could. Our own photos show UN vehicles just
yards away from the compounds.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/pix/secretary/2003/17289.htm

Why didn't the US just kick down the doors of these supposed factories of
WMD’s and say, “uh ha, caught ya!”? There are only two possible answers,
neither that bold well for the current Administration. The first reason
could be that the Administration is so incompetent that the idea never
crossed their minds, this seems unlikely. The second reason being that they
knew there really were no weapons of mass destruction in those buildings.
Kicking the doors down would have proved that they were wrong, and Bush
would not have gotten public support to invade Iraq.

The sitting President also stated to Congress during his 2003 State of the
Union that there was specific evidence of Saddam trying to gather materials
to build WMDs in Iraq.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/01/29/1043804399582.html?oneclick=true

This statement was also proven to be not true.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-10-06-wmd_x.htm

Bush continues to state that you are stupid shortly after we figure out that
WMDs really don’t exist by stating that Saddam has the ability to make WMDs.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-03-02-un-wmd_x.htm

Now, recent news indicates that in fact, Saddam did not have WMDs since
1992, and that his ability to create WMDs is less now than it is was then
because of the US and UN embargoes.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-10-06-wmd_x.htm

Despite all this evidence, the President still thinks you are stupid. White
House spokesperson Scott McClellan affirmed their belief that you are indeed
stupid by saying, "Saddam was a threat we needed to take seriously," (and
he) "retained the intent and capability to produce weapons of mass
destruction."

Not only is this statement false, it is also stating that US should invade
any country that “aspires”, in Bush’s words, to make WMDs and doesn’t like
the US, indeed a long list of countries we would be justified in invading
under this definition.

The only conclusion that can be drawn from this behavior is that Bush thinks
you’re STUPID.