[Vision2020] Local Posters Make Good

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 13:04:34 PDT 2004

Melynda:

V2020 can offer a forum for open debate on significant issues that effect
Moscow and the Palouse, which in these times of increasing global and
international interconnectedness, cannot be defined as they once were in neat conceptual
boxes labeled "local," as opposed to "state," "national," or "international,"
etc.

Yet it seems even those who appear "open minded" and "progressive" dismiss
the value of in depth debate.  Comments are made on V2020 ts that it does no
good, no one is paying attention, it is boring, it is not appropriate for V2020's
mission, short sound bite posts get the most readers, etc.  It is as though
"liberals" have also been infected with a lack of interest in involved vigorous
public debate.  Why bother, we all have our minds made up!

Whoever runs this blog commenting so much on V2020 might consider posting to
the list for debate just for the sake of their own education, if nothing else.
 After all, Pat Kraut is not from the "Left," as far as I can tell, yet she
is presented on this blog as though she is lumped in with the other "leftist
intoleristas," or so it appeared to me.

Ted Moffett