[Vision2020] Re: Exxon Mobil earned $11.23 billion first six months of 2004

B.C. Strand Bill at strand.bz
Mon Oct 4 12:58:00 PDT 2004

Ted,

I suspect the "bias" you have detected is that of an engineer who has
spent his entire professional life trying to differentiate between
"causation"', "correlation", "control actions" and "coincidence". Ask
any of the engineers I've trained. They have heard me grouse on this
subject hundreds of times.

While I found Krugman's "Microeconomics" to be informational, I much
preferred (and would recommend) his "The Return to Depression Economics"
which I read several years ago. I even follow him in the New York Times
although his columns are not as well thought out (or maybe they simply
to not appeal to me as much).

Of course Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman are well known for their
thoughts on corporations. I would not expected anything less than their
call for governmental regulation.

Remember - I am always free for additional comment on Friday evenings.

Bill Strand