[Vision2020] Last Night's Debate

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Oct 2 12:02:15 PDT 2004

Scott:

Are you including all the taxes, and all the effects of the tax cuts, and
other Republican efforts to let corporations run our country, that impact you
into your equation?  For example, electric rates have soared under Bush here in
the West, this in part due to deregulation of energy markets, which in theory
is supposed to save us and that inefficient tax wasting governments money, yet
resulted in illegal manipulation of energy markets, that cost US consumers
billions of dollars.

I was told once by a Moscow resident that the Enron scandal did not impact
Moscow, yet Avista has been dragged into court for illegal manipulation of
energy markets and other misdeeds.  And the cost of anything we buy here
originating in California, which is the WORLD'S FIFTH LARGEST ECONOMY, will include
somehow in the price the billions $$$ Californian's were ripped off in the energy
scandals.

The bottom line of the Bush years is that the middle and lower classes are
not gaining in their standard of living, so those tax cuts have not resulted in
a better life for the vast majority of people.

Ted Moffett