[Vision2020] Medical Marijuana [Lost, Resubmitted]

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Tue Nov 30 15:07:11 PST 2004

Thinkers,

Does anyone have the same conceptual problem that I have about the medical use
of marijuana?

Cocaine, morphine and many other opiates, and opiate imitating pain-killers are
all widely used in and accepted as legitimate elements of medical treatment
programs.  [As a Peace Corps Volunteer in Africa, I was provided by the U.S.
Government with a medical kit including paregoric, a widely used opiate for
centuries.]

What's the big deal about using marijuana to alleviate pain and suffering?

If marijuana is not acceptable for apparently non-medical reasons, shouldn't
those opposing its use also oppose the medical use of cocaine, all opiates, and
opiate imitators [and maybe all pain killers and relaxants as well]?

Is there anyone on this list who can offer a rational defense of denying the
medical use of marijuana to those whose pain and suffering it alleviates?

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco at moscow.com