[Vision2020] Medical marijuana

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Mon Nov 29 17:16:45 PST 2004

Well, except for the 'Regulate the sale' part of what Rose wrote,
that is what is already going on (and except for the 'legal' part of
choices). We have 'driving under the influence' laws and they are not
restricted to being under the influence of alcohol. People are making
decisions whether to smoke it and/or drive or whatever.

I am all for medical marijuana for proven medical needs. However, I
think the 'pro-marijuana-as-a-recreational-hobby' types are
distracting from the message and the people that *need* it for
medical reasons. When they show 'medical marijuana' clinics on TV
(well, how else am I going to see them?) it looks like dropouts from
a Grateful Dead tour. That's my bias but I have a hard time taking
them *seriously* when it seems they are just looking for ways to
legalize marijuana for everyone (and that's a completely different
issue that I am not opposed to but I think it needs to be dealt with
separately).

And then the legal case now is merely focusing on regulation of
interstate commerce, so once again a major issue is swamped under the
semantics of regulations.

Debbie

On 29 Nov 2004 at 18:34, DonaldH675 at aol.com wrote:

> Tom Hansen is exactly right about this issue.  Regulate the sale,
> enact rules regarding driving while *under the influence," and let
>   those over 18 years of age make their own (legal) choices about
    using
>   it. Rose Huskey

DebbieGray                 dgray at uidaho.edu