[Vision2020] One bad apple evidently spoils the whole bunch?

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:56:12 PST 2004

Keely writes:

"And as for 'Billy, Don't Be a Hero,' well . . . the true horror of war is
that it allows for the proliferation of really bad pop songs in ways that no
other political phenomena can touch.  Please, let us not think it's just
about violence, death, destruction and despair."

My dear Keely,

I can only say in response that my seventies childhood was haunted by the
following:

Go ahead and hate your neighbor
Go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of heaven
You can justify it in the end.

There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgement day
But on the bloody morning after-er-er
One tin soldier rides away.

Well, my childhood was haunted by that and the "Poseidon Adventure."  At my
high school reunion this past weekend, the ceilings were festooned with huge
chandeliers, and I could only look up and wonder if the building were
flipped by a tidal wave, would they hold Shelley Winter's body weight?

Yours in Raleigh, NC,
Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: All Southern ex-cheerleaders use Botox.  It's a fact.  I talked to one
on Saturday night whose face was completely immobile from the cheekbones up.
  It was fascinating to watch -- kind of like conversing with Madame while
Waylon Flowers is off somewhere in another room.