[Vision2020] Censorship - its a right wing thing.

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 16:06:42 PST 2004

Visionaries:

Tim L. writes:
"This person gave me the distinct impression that my show was definitely not
a good thing for the station and that his view was widely held among persons
in our community  who have listened."

I am concerned that any point of view could be stifled in this community.
Not all opinions are of equal merit, but one of the best ways to expose crackpot
beliefs is to make sure that they are brought into the light of day.  (Tim,
I'm not suggesting that your particular POVs -are crackpotish - but if they
are, better we should all know about them.)  As for the notion that somehow a
viewpoint that is supported by the majority of the community is more worthy or
more accurate than a minority opinion is sheer lunacy - witness our recent
national and some of the local election results.

Some listeners will like and agree with Tim, others will not.  Surely KUOI is
eager to support diversity - and as long as on-air time is provided to debate
all sides of an issue, what's to complain about?

Rose Huskey

P.S.
(Don't forget the 49ers (the right-thinking and thoughtful voting minority)
get together to night at 7:00 at Mikey's - and you don't even have to be a
Democrat to be welcome - any one who recognizes that George Bush and is neo-Con
cronies are not good for this nation should be prepared for a fun time meeting
new people, seeing old friends, and planning a counter event to January 20th).

"One cannot level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan