[Vision2020] Powell Resigns as Sec. of State

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:17:28 PST 2004

This is the third resignation of a cabinet member since the election
(Ashcroft, Evans). This was not surprising. I remember an article about
Powell resigning if Bush gets a second term and Powell denying it. Now we
see the truth in the article.

I am not happy about Powell's resignation. I think he is the most moderate
and open minded member of the Bush cabinet. Although I have lost most my
respect for the guy as he knowingly lied to the UN on behalf of the Bush
Administration to go to war in Iraq.

It is not uncommon for administrations in their second terms to have a 75%
or higher turnover in top level cabinet positions. I would look for lots
more resignations in the near future. I am keeping my fingers crossed for
the resignations of Rumsfeld, Rice, and Cheney.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold