[Vision2020] So we Don't Forget

Linda Pall lpall at moscow.com
Thu Nov 11 17:47:28 PST 2004

Dear Dick and Visionaries,

Thank you, Dick, for your words. Most of us have not forgotten... and some of us use our opportunitites to remind our students of the origins and the pain that goes with war and how we need to work even harder for peace.

WWI was called "The Great War" and started with lots of enthused young men heading to France from Britain and, much later, the U.S. Some of the effects of that awful war included gas deaths and disabilities, post traumatic stress disorder that we had no name for then (broken men who never found themselves), and a waste of some of that generation's best and brightest. It's about poppies in Flanders Field and a lot more. My heart weeps for them and the lost gifts they would have given.

Where have all the flowers gone? When will we ever learn?

With every hope that peace will be achieved soon in all of the Middle East,

Linda Pall