[Vision2020] 17,000 average!

Mike Weatherford fueledbyramen at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 16:07:11 PST 2004

Tom,

  Just out of curiosity, how many is "several"? Is it in the neighborhood of
8,000? IF Moscow had a winning football team, then yes, perhaps we would
have sufficient draw to come close to qualifying for AI status. But we
don't. Why not settle down in the lower conference, slowly train up a good
team, and THEN shoot for AI status? Meanwhile, we can ease off the athletics
budget a little and start properly funding the rest of the university. Maybe
if the academic programs start to get the money they need, we might a bit
better enrollment, and a little more money for /everyone/. There's more to
attracting (AND retaining) students than having a medeocre football team in
a presitgeous league.

Cheers,
-Mike