[Vision2020] UI Athletics

John Danahy jdanahy at turbonet.com
Tue Nov 9 14:41:55 PST 2004

There is much discussion regarding the value of 1A athletics here at UI.  I
have a couple of questions.

This past weekend was homecoming I believe, and there was a parade downtown
before the game in Pullman.  What was the economic benefit to downtown
merchants this past weekend??

I have not attended a game, but I do understand that tickets were available
free of charge.  If tickets are given away for free, and a 35000 seat
stadium in Pullman has only 9000 participants, how is this an economic
benefit to the Moscow community or the UI?

John