[Vision2020] The 49 percent

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Nov 8 13:26:11 PST 2004

Yeah.  I'm a 49er and proud of it.

I sleep quite well at night.  We 49ers are not concerned whether or not our
neighbor is an elderly, disabled, gay, female Jew who may be contemplating
conversion to the Muslim faith after the sex-change operation.  We certainly
do not require an amendment to the US Constitution to tell us so either.

We are, however, extremely concerned about the world our children will
inherit.  We are concerned about a multi-trillion dollar deficit that
continues to grow as more and more tax breaks are feverishly awarded to
corporate America.  We, like our parents and grandparents, want a better
world for our children and grandchildren.

As President Bush spends his political capital today, we 49ers will continue
to save and build for tomorrow.  We believe that we should leave the world
in a friendlier, more suitable place for everybody than when we entered it.

As I have mentioned before, "Tomorrow is far more important than today."

Tom Hansen
Just another Quasi-Secularista Liberal Elitista 49er Loose In The Palouse

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.