[Vision2020] Christians make crap up about Abortion, Marriage, stem cell research, and Lesbians

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 17:27:03 PST 2004

Visioneers,

It really bothers me how Christians have distorted the Bible for their own
personal gain. I was wondering if someone can explain to me two things. Who
gave them the right to do this? And, what consequences are given to those
that add/subtract/change the Bible?

Christians claim Abortion is a sin? Where is this mentioned in the Bible?
Abortion existed in biblical times, is was around for 2,000 years before
Christ. There is no chapter or verse in the KJV, or any bible that states
that abortion is murder, yet Christians profess that it is, why? This area
would also effect stem-cell research and other studies.

Christians claim that marriage is between "one man and one women". Then try
to argue in the next breath that other people are trying to change the
definition of marriage. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. In biblical
times, an throughout most of history there has been no limit as the number
of wives, husbands, and/or midwives and concubines one could have.

Sure the Bible say that if a man lies with another male, both should be put
to death. It does not give exception to this rule either, such as if one is
raped, or one is only around other males, or one did it in experimentation,
or if safe sex was used, or if it was a man forcing a boy. It simple says,
if it happens kill them both, and it is clear about that. However, it
doesn't say anything about Lesbianism. No where does it say, "No women shall
lie with another women as with a man." It just does not say that. Christians
insist that is does. That is distorting the Bible.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for changing the rules. For example, adults
should not be allowed to sleep with children. To me, that is something we
should do everything to prevent. There is nothing in the Bible that says
anything about this.

So when people say they get their moral values from the Bible, or say it is
"Christian" to believe one way or another about a group of people, we should
challenge them immediately. Because the Bible is LACKING in proper morals
and strongly disagrees with the belief system of many so-called Evangelical
Christians.

Just a quick review of someone that says they believe in the Bible:

They believe that any male that has had intercourse with another male,
regardless of age or consent, should be sentenced to death.

They believe that abortion is OK, as well as late term abortion.

They believe that a man can have as many wives and concubines as they wish.

They believe that lesbianism is just fine.

They believe that a 30 year old man with a 13 year old girl is fine.

So the next time someone says, "I get my moral values from the Bible", I
would probe a little deeper, because I really doubt they do. They are just
using portions of the Bible to substantiate their beliefs, thoughts, and
feeling about one particular issue. I think it is our moral duty to question
that false thinking and allowing the Bible to be changed to suit their needs
and chosen values and smash the dignity, rights, and respect of others.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold