[Vision2020] RE: Dialog [was New and improved headlines]

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Thu Nov 4 09:47:52 PST 2004

I never said I supported the war, Sunil.  I support President Bush for
other reasons than his handling of Iraq.  Is it a quagmire?  Yes.  Did
we win?  Yes, we won against Saddam's army.  Unfortunately, we're
fighting guerillas now, and that gets quagmire-ific.  As to Iraq's
economic planning, that's their problem once they get their new
government up and running.  As soon as they get their feet under them,
I'm all for us pulling out of there.  Although, I don't have a problem
with us having a permanent base there, just like we have in many other
foreign countries around the world.  Just as long as we are insured
uninterrupted flow of oil, they can do whatever they want with their
economy over there.

I'm not saying that people can't disagree.  You think I'm wrong in some
of my beliefs, as I think what you think is wrong in some cases.  If we
all thought the same thoughts, it'd be a pretty boring place.  The
problem is when people disagree and then resort to the name calling,
incivility, discourtesy, and general lack of respect for their views.
While I may disagree with what some people (okay, MOST people) on
vision2020 think, I do respect their views.  Hell, I don't even have
problems with extending benefits to same-sex partners.  Matter of fact,
I'd go even further on that, allowing other "domestic partnerships" have
benefits extended toward them as well.  But that's another topic.

agreeing to disagree,

DC