[Vision2020] Life goes on

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 07:39:36 PST 2004

As an unrepentant liberal Democrat who's been voting in Idaho since a futile
vote for George McGovern in 1972, I'm rather used to this feeling.  Cancel
Christmas.  I don't know if I qualify for designation as a Moscow
Intolerista or member of the Nasty Nine, but, speaking for myself, life goes
on.  Sure I'm disappointed in the election outcome, but not surprised.  Will
I continue to be critical of the Bush adminstration?  Sure.  But I'll also
fret about what the Mariners are going to do in the off-season, if Nick Holt
can successfully turn the Idaho football program around, wonder if Tiger
Woods will come roaring back next year. Just as many of Moscow's
conservatives will be doing.  I'll wonder what to buy my father for
Christmas (cancel the cancel Christmas part), and gripe about the snow this
winter.  Life goes on.  I'll also hope that the country can close the
divide.  Perhaps it's something that has to happen community by community,
including towns like ours.  As Barack Obama said in his acceptance speech
last night, we need to be able to disagree without being disagreeable.
Sounds fair to me.  Life goes on.

        Carl Westberg Jr.