[Vision2020] opinion page letters

Shirley Ringo ringoshirl at moscow.com
Tue Nov 2 08:43:45 PST 2004

Visionaries:

A candidate needs thick skin, so forgive me if I betray a lack of it.  Barrett Schroeder sent a letter to the Daily News that contained fabrications.  I will deal with two of them:

First - I did not miss the vote for the University of Idaho appropriations when I missed four days in the waning days of the 2003 session.  Further, I knew of issues on the agenda and they were well covered.

Second - (I suppose professional attacks are always troublesome) Barrett states that, when teaching math at Moscow High School, I failed students who were absent a certain number of days "No questions asked."  I certainly had no such policy.  Moscow High School did have a policy at that time denying credit to students after something like two weeks of unexcused absences.  Even then, there was a hearing to give the student and parents the opportunity to justify them.

Shirley Ringo