[Vision2020] 2004 Election Endorsements

Garrett Clevenger onewildearth at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:11:33 PST 2004

To paraphrase James Brown:

"Get on up.... Like a Vote Machine!"

Tuesday, November 2, 2004

I'm sure you appreciate our right to vote and realize that the democratic
process requires our input.  I hope you'll join me and many others in
helping to shape our region's political landscape.

If you are not yet registered to vote, you can do so at the polling place.
Bring your ID and 2 utility bills or other similar mail delivered to you at
your current address.  Call the county at 882 8580 if you have any
questions.

Our votes have the biggest impact on local elections.  So, to help you
decide who to vote for if you are unsure, how about some endorsements?

Mark Solomon for State Representative
I've known Mark for several years and have known of him for 12 years.  If
you are the kind of person who thinks that education, a clean environment
and a diverse community are important and if you know that corporate
interests that make money to the detriment of the community is wrong, then
Mark Solomon can be trusted to promote those values in Idaho's House of
Representatives.

Shirley Ringo for State Representative
Shirley is our current Representative.  She has proven to be responsible,
compassionate, able to listen and able to hold her own in Idaho's tough
political scene.

An informative website to help you this election:

www.issues2000.org/default.htm
Non-partisan candidate comparison.  Very useful.

The Presidential ticket has been a difficult decision for me.  This is my
4th Presidential election I've voted in, and I've never voted for a
Democrat.  I also have not been particularly impressed with Kerry and was
not planning to vote for him.

I've realized, though, that George W. Bush has been a miserable President.
He was elected by the Supreme Court over an incredibly contentious election
and then pushed his highly partisan policies (tax cuts for the rich, gutting
environmental laws, defending the unConstitutional "Patriot Act," misleading
our country into a quagmire in Iraq, promoting a constitutional amendment to
restrict the rights of gay people and then say, "he's not sure" if
homosexuality is a choice) during his first term where there is voter
accountability.  Imaging what another term of this Fanatic will bring, where
he has no voter accountability?  Our country cannot afford to have Bush
mislead us anymore.

George Bush needs to have the plug pulled on him.  This year, my vote is
against Fanatical Bush as much as it is for Kerry.  Kerry can't be worse
than Bush, and if he is, then we'll vote him out like we will Bush.

Thanks for considering my 2004 Election Endorsements

Garrett Clevenger

http://www.icehouse.net/garrett

"What are we doing to our Home?!:("