[Vision2020] Reasoning and the vote (was Bush and war and Iraq)

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Mon Nov 1 07:48:44 PST 2004

Joan, et al,

>From Today's LA Times OP/Ed:

"If elections were solely a job performance review, President George W. Bush
would lose in a landslide. He has been a reckless steward of the nation's
finances and its environment, a divisive figure at home and abroad. It's fair to
say that Bush has devalued the American brand in the global marketplace..."

"...Bush's lack of seriousness - and his stubborn refusal to alter course in the
face of altered circumstance - explains his administration's notorious hostility
toward expertise of all kinds. Whether it is his own Treasury secretary telling
him his tax cuts are no longer affordable, intelligence analysts raising doubts
about a supposed Al Qaeda-Saddam Hussein tie, or his proconsul in Iraq clamoring
for more ground troops, Bush has a way of freezing out expertise he deems
inconvenient. The terribly botched occupation of Iraq - and the lost opportunity
it represents according to the president's own assessment of the stakes in that
conflict - is the price the United States pays for its president's obstinacy..."