[Vision2020] Doug Wilson and Jim Wilson's ministry

Nick Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Mon, 31 May 2004 09:21:40 -0700

Greetings:

I have it on good authority that Doug Wilson sits on the board of Jim
Wilson's Community Campus Ministries and he is chair of the committee
seeking a replacement for Jim Wilson.  My bets are still on Eric
E. as the successor.  So much for Eric's claim that there exist "totally
distinct" Wilson ministries.

Eric, you have not responded to my specific questions about differences
between you and Doug.  I'm sure that you will be more honest in answering
them than Doug was in answering my 12 questions just before his town
meeting last December.

By the way, the following paragraph was deleted from my answer to Don
Nelson on Gibson's film in a recent issue of the Daily News:

Nelson claims that Gibson's deviations from the Gospel account are
"irrelevant." Scholars have traced most of these extra scenes to the
visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824), who Gibson says "supplied
me with stuff I never would have thought of." Gibson considers her a saint
and wears one of her relics. In Emmerich's visions the high priest Caiaphas
appears as one who is in league with Satan and the defining feature of the
Jews are their long noses, and the more bent the nose the more evil the
Jew.When Gibson says that he doesn't consider Emmerich to be anti-Semitic,
he is clearly admitting that he doesn't have a clue about what hatred of
Jews is all about.

I wondering how Gibson and his new mistress are getting along?

Nick Gier