[Vision2020] Wayne, Ted, Eric, etc.

keely emerinemix kjajmix1@msn.com
Sun, 30 May 2004 09:18:11 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C44627.0748D8E0

Ted.  Plain old Ted.  Well-reasoned and gracious Ted . . .=20

I didn't mean to co-opt the reasons for your annoyance with Eric -- I =
was trying to communicate that it bothered me that his arguments might =
not be taken merely at face value, for whatever they're worth, because =
of his willingness to defend Doug.  I was aware of your disagreement =
over spirituality vs. religion vs. worldview, but in choosing not to =
comment on that, I appeared to have been instructing you on where you =
found Eric's views intolerable.  So sorry!  I'll be more careful and =
defer to you more clearly next time on why someone bugs you, given that =
you're the expert on Ted Grievances.

By the way, you'd use your birth name, too, if your name were "Keely" =
and you married a "Mix."  "Keely Mix" sounds like a dessert topping, and =
I'm sure my kids, Mocha and Muffin, wish they could use "Emerine," too.

keely emerine mix
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tbertruss@aol.com=20
  To: kjajmix1@msn.com ; deco@moscow.com ; vision2020@moscow.com ; =
eric@eric-e.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 1:19 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Wayne, Ted, Eric, etc.

  Keely Emerine Mix:

  Wow!  What a great name.  I'm so plain: Ted.

  My recent annoyance, such as it was, with Eric E., did not stem so =
much from his association with Doug W., such as that is, as from Eric's =
statements directly answering V2020 comments where I attempted to define =
a distinction between "religion" and "spirituality" in the context of my =
spiritual life, and the spiritual life of other kindred souls.

  Although I did point out what I thought was a glaring contradiction in =
Eric's comments about the mistake he claimed people might make of =
"lumping together" certain gentlemen representing Christian groups in =
Moscow, when he also described the "unity" these same gentlemen seek, =
Eric never responded, that I read or recall, to my spotlighting of this =
alleged contradiction.  Did I miss something?

  But he did launch a private email where he instructed me, yes, =
instructed me, as in the master enlightening the acolyte, in the proper =
use of words regarding "religion" and "spirituality," after I responded =
to a V2020 post by Melynda on religions and worldviews.  I won't post =
his private e-mail, a divine dispensation from the superior wisdom of a =
saved soul.

  Then he displayed the temerity to imply I was fooling people, the =
other lost souls who call themselves "non-religious," yet chant their =
"mantras" and worship their "priests."

  Then he "vigorously backpedalled" from these comments, with hair =
splitting evasions, it appeared.

  Well, he can call me a fool if he wants, this I do not mind.  Not that =
he was, exactly.  But I know very well I am a fool. =20

  However, to suggest my spirituality is an attempt to fool anybody, or =
that I belong to a group of people engaging in a naive rejection of =
organized religion who are so pathetically lacking in critical self =
awareness to still chant mantras and worship priests... As I pointed out =
in a reply to Eric, I thought he was projecting his own ideology of =
religious social/political structures oriented towards ritual and =
authority worship.  This is most decidedly not my approach to =
spirituality or my experience of the sacred.

  So there you have it.  Wilson is not the subject of my annoyance with =
Eric E.  Though if Eric's responses outlined above are puppet-like =
controlled by Doug Wilson, then perhaps I have been duped into =
discussion with a proxy who does not speak their own mind.

  What a world of illusion we live in!

  Ted Moffett

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C44627.0748D8E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV>
<DIV>Ted.&nbsp; Plain old Ted.&nbsp; Well-reasoned and gracious Ted . . =
 </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I didn't mean to co-opt the reasons for your annoyance with Eric -- =
I was=20
trying to communicate that it bothered me that his arguments might not =
be taken=20
merely at face value, for whatever they're worth, because of his =
willingness to=20
defend Doug.&nbsp; I was aware of your disagreement over spirituality =
vs.=20
religion vs. worldview, but in choosing not to comment on that, I =
appeared to=20
have been instructing you on where you found Eric's views =
intolerable.&nbsp; So=20
sorry!&nbsp; I'll be more careful and defer to you more clearly next =
time on why=20
someone bugs you, given that you're the expert on Ted Grievances.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>By the way, you'd use your birth name, too, if your name were =
"Keely" and=20
you married a "Mix."&nbsp; "Keely Mix" sounds like a dessert topping, =
and I'm=20
sure my kids, Mocha and Muffin, wish they could use "Emerine," =
too.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>keely emerine mix</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>From:</B> <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:Tbertruss@aol.com">Tbertruss@aol.com</A> </DIV>
  href=3D"mailto:kjajmix1@msn.com">kjajmix1@msn.com</A> ; <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:deco@moscow.com">deco@moscow.com</A> ; <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> ; <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:eric@eric-e.com">eric@eric-e.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, May 30, 2004 1:19 =
AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Vision2020] =
Wayne, Ted,=20
  Eric, etc.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  PTSIZE=3D"10" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"><BR>Keely Emerine =
Mix:<BR><BR>Wow!&nbsp; What a=20
  great name.&nbsp; I'm so plain: Ted.<BR><BR>My recent annoyance, such =
as it=20
  was, with Eric E., did not stem so much from his association with Doug =
W.,=20
  such as that is, as from Eric's statements directly answering V2020 =
comments=20
  where I attempted to define a distinction between "religion" and=20
  "spirituality" in the context of my spiritual life, and the spiritual =
life of=20
  other kindred souls.<BR><BR>Although I did point out what I thought =
was a=20
  glaring contradiction in Eric's comments about the mistake he claimed =
people=20
  might make of "lumping together" certain gentlemen representing =
Christian=20
  groups in Moscow, when he also described the "unity" these same =
gentlemen=20
  seek, Eric never responded, that I read or recall, to my spotlighting =
of this=20
  alleged contradiction.&nbsp; Did I miss something?<BR><BR>But he did =
launch a=20
  private email where he instructed me, yes, instructed me, as in the =
master=20
  enlightening the acolyte, in the proper use of words regarding =
"religion" and=20
  "spirituality," after I responded to a V2020 post by Melynda on =
religions and=20
  worldviews.&nbsp; I won't post his private e-mail, a divine =
dispensation from=20
  the superior wisdom of a saved soul.<BR><BR>Then he displayed the =
temerity to=20
  imply I was fooling people, the other lost souls who call themselves=20
  "non-religious," yet chant their "mantras" and worship their=20
  "priests."<BR><BR>Then he "vigorously backpedalled" from these =
comments, with=20
  hair splitting evasions, it appeared.<BR><BR>Well, he can call me a =
fool if he=20
  wants, this I do not mind.&nbsp; Not that he was, exactly.&nbsp; But I =
know=20
  very well I am a fool.&nbsp; <BR><BR>However, to suggest my =
spirituality is an=20
  attempt to fool anybody, or that I belong to a group of people =
engaging in a=20
  naive rejection of organized religion who are so pathetically lacking =
in=20
  critical self awareness to still chant mantras and worship priests... =
As I=20
  pointed out in a reply to Eric, I thought he was projecting his own =
ideology=20
  of religious social/political structures oriented towards ritual and =
authority=20
  worship.&nbsp; This is most decidedly not my approach to spirituality =
or my=20
  experience of the sacred.<BR><BR>So there you have it.&nbsp; Wilson is =
not the=20
  subject of my annoyance with Eric E.&nbsp; Though if Eric's responses =
outlined=20
  above are puppet-like controlled by Doug Wilson, then perhaps I have =
been=20
  duped into discussion with a proxy who does not speak their own=20
  mind.<BR><BR>What a world of illusion we live in!<BR><BR>Ted=20
Moffett<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C44627.0748D8E0--