[Vision2020] Crop Subsidies and Greg Vance

Pat Kraut pkraut@moscow.com
Mon, 24 May 2004 22:10:06 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C441DB.DF0C8740

First thing: I hit send when I meant to write something and send it to =
Vision2020 so Donald is going to get his email back with nothing on it. =
I am sorry...another mistake, first one this week!=20
I did want to say that I don't see anything on this site yet about how =
unhappy Repubs are with Gary and were looking for someone else to vote =
for so someone else running is good news. For me it isn't the votes on =
taxes it was other votes. It will be an interesting election...but if =
Gary is voted in on the votes of Dems maybe he needs to change parties?? =
Or look at his voting record? I have met Greg and I very much liked what =
he had to say.=20
PK
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: DonaldH675@aol.com=20
  To: vision2020@moscow.com=20
  Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 12:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Crop Subsidies and Greg Vance

  Pat, how kind of you to instruct me.  Do I think farmers are all on =
easy street?  Hardly.  Do I think logging families, the vast majority of =
UI staff employees, students working at McDonalds, or minimum wage =
workers have an easy time of it?  Hardly.  My point, in case you missed =
it is this:  The loudest enthusiasts toward welfare "reform," limited =
education support, and a general meanspirtied stinginess toward  "public =
benefit" funding almost always comes from the "conservative" (read that =
right wing "Tax Payer" parties) side of the political fence.  That is =
certainly the case in Idaho.  If you read the link, you will note that =
there were some very generous checks written to residents of SE Idaho - =
a people not generally marked by their noteworthy generosity to =
outsiders.  And, by the way, it is hardly a news flash that I show my =
ignorance fairly frequently, but I hope that my even my ignorance is =
graced by compassion, particularly for those who are not able to enjoy =
the same opportunities and circumstances that I have been blessed with.  =

  Rose Huskey

  Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.
------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C441DB.DF0C8740

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>First thing: I hit send when I meant to write something and send it =
to=20
Vision2020 so Donald is going to get his email back with nothing on it. =
I am=20
sorry...another mistake, first one this week! </DIV>
<DIV>I did want to say that I don't see anything on this site yet about =
how=20
unhappy Repubs are with Gary and were looking for someone else to vote =
for so=20
someone else running is good news. For me it isn't the votes on taxes it =
was=20
other votes. It will be an interesting election...but if Gary is voted =
in on the=20
votes of Dems maybe he needs to change parties?? Or look at his voting =
record? I=20
have met Greg and I very much liked what he had to say. </DIV>
<DIV>PK</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DDonaldH675@aol.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:DonaldH675@aol.com">DonaldH675@aol.com</A> </DIV>
title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, May 24, 2004 =
12:51 PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Vision2020] Crop =
Subsidies=20
  and Greg Vance</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Pat, how kind of you to instruct me.&nbsp; Do I think farmers are =
all on=20
  easy street?&nbsp; Hardly.&nbsp; Do I think logging families, the vast =

  majority of UI staff employees, students working at McDonalds, =
or&nbsp;minimum=20
  wage workers have an easy time of it?&nbsp; Hardly.&nbsp; My point, in =
case=20
  you missed it is this:&nbsp; The loudest&nbsp;enthusiasts toward =
welfare=20
  "reform," limited education support, and a general meanspirtied =
stinginess=20
  toward&nbsp; "public benefit" funding almost always comes from the=20
  "conservative"&nbsp;(read that right wing "Tax Payer" parties) side of =
the=20
  political fence.&nbsp; That is certainly the case in =
Idaho.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you=20
  read the link, you will note that there were some very generous checks =
written=20
  to residents of SE Idaho - a people not generally marked by their =
noteworthy=20
  generosity to outsiders.&nbsp; And, by the way, it is hardly a news =
flash that=20
  I show my ignorance fairly frequently, but I hope that my even=20
  my&nbsp;ignorance is graced by compassion, particularly for those who =
are not=20
  able to enjoy the same opportunities and circumstances that I have =
been=20
  blessed with.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3 PTSIZE=3D"12"=20
  FAMILY=3D"SERIF">Once you lose integrity everything else is=20
easy.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C441DB.DF0C8740--