[Vision2020] IQ tests

Tami Stinebaugh stin1624@uidaho.edu
Tue, 18 May 2004 17:18:54 -0700

Joan said:
PS: Howard Gardner wrote the book (literally) on multiple intelligences.  He came up with something like seven or eight, most of which escape me at the moment.  I know they included musical ability and interpersonal skills, both invaluable assets traditionally ignored by standard IQ tests.

Joan,

FWIW, I totally agree with your assessment of what IQ tests actually measure.
If I remember correctly, (and that's a BIG if;) the multiple intelligences Gardner identified are: linguistic, logical-mathematical, bodily-kinesthetic, visual, musical, interpersonal, intrapersonal, and naturalist intelligences.

Tami Stinebaugh