[Vision2020] Jr. High Orchestra Concert

hayfields@moscow.com hayfields@moscow.com
Fri, 14 May 2004 16:21:15 GMT

All-
I just wanted to share how absolutely wonderful the Jr. High School Orchestra
is.  If you did not get a chance to hear them you really missed an incredible
performance.  From the piece "Snow Angel" composed by Cyrus Hicks, a member of
the orchestra to the "Pink Panther" it was fabulous. Led by the talented and
devoted conductor/instructor Carol Herbst, this group I know put tears and
amazement into more than one listeners heart.  The tears would be of course for
the fact that for this incredibly talented group of students, many of them
played their last public concert with their peers.  For the students going into
the high school there is no orchestra program. Zip. Nada.  Some will continue
to pursue their interest through private lessons but they will not have the
opportunity to play with a group of like minded students.  If you could have
heard them last night (I wish that some of the school board could have been
there) you would have been impressed.  Is anyone willing to help resurrect this
issue and seek for new ways to find the funding?  If so please email me at the
above address and maybe we can get something going.  In the meantime, I want to
publicly thank Carol Herbst and Cherice for all the work that they have done
bring music into the life of my child.  THANK YOU!

Heather Jordan
(Emily's
Mom)

           http://www.fsr.net/