[Vision2020] Primaries

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 18:01:13 -0700

I think people need to vote in their own primaries. I find it disheartening
that many Democrats are thinking of voting in the Republican Primary to make
sure that Schroeder wins re-election.

First, I cannot understand why anyone, Republican or Democrat, would care.
IMHO Gary has not been a diplomat or respectful to his constituencies. He is
not a nice man. Schroeder wastes money and doesn't say a thing about
Administrators wasting money.

I will also point out that in 2000 Democrats decided not to run a Candidate
against Schroeder, who paid the Democrats back by giving his campaign money
to Gary Young, who used that money to lie about his support for the UI and
defeat Ringo. Young, voted to cut funding for UI and give Tax cuts that UI
is now suffering from. Ringo has ALWAYS strongly supported education.
Schroeder knew this and still acted to cut Shirley off.

Now, I am not saying that Schroeder is worse than Vance. I simply don't
honestly believe that Vance has a shot at the nomination. There is no way
that Republicans in Latah are going to nominate Vance because they know that
he would lose the General Election, if not in 2004, then in 2006.

If you are a Democrat you should care less if Schroeder gets the nomination
because it means that the Senate Seat will fall to the Democrats if Vance
gets the nomination. If Schroeder doesn't get the nomination he will most
likely run as an independent.

Democrats should vote in their own primary where there are also choices to
be made.

I, as a Democrat, don't like Republicans voting in my Primary, so I don't
vote in their's. I hope, all honest people will not interfere with the
nomination of individuals not in their political party.

If you are Republican, vote in the Republican Primary. If you are a
Democrat, vote in the Democratic Primary. It is the ethical thing to do,
IMHO.

Donovan J Arnold

Premium!