[Vision2020] 05-08-04 NY Times: Mistreatment of Prisoners Is Called Rout...

Tbertruss@aol.com Tbertruss@aol.com
Sat, 8 May 2004 16:40:20 EDT

--part1_157.348204e7.2dce9fb4_boundary

All:

Thanks for this article, Wayne.  It supports what I wrote yesterday on V2020.
 Odd that this sort of abuse goes on in US prisons yet where is the moral
outrage taking the headlines?  Oh, I forgot, as one V2020 participant phrased it,
let's not have a "pity party for criminals."
Those "criminals" in our prisons are not really human anyway.  A high
percentage of them (compared to the general population) are uneducated and from
minority groups.

So does anyone think racism is a factor in the abuse of Iraq prisoners?
Couldn't be!

Ted Moffett

--part1_157.348204e7.2dce9fb4_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
All:<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for this article, Wayne.&nbsp; It supports what I wrote yesterday on=20=
V2020.&nbsp; Odd that this sort of abuse goes on in US prisons yet where is=20=
the moral outrage taking the headlines?&nbsp; Oh, I forgot, as one V2020 par=
ticipant phrased it, let's not have a "pity party for criminals."&nbsp; <BR>
Those "criminals" in our prisons are not really human anyway.&nbsp; A high p=
ercentage of them (compared to the general population) are uneducated and fr=
om minority groups.<BR>
<BR>
So does anyone think racism is a factor in the abuse of Iraq prisoners?&nbsp=
; Couldn't be!<BR>
<BR>
Ted Moffett<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_157.348204e7.2dce9fb4_boundary--