[Vision2020] Another hero

Vote for Kerry in November thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:13:25 GMT

I couldn't agree with you more, Carl.

Sergeant Joseph Darby risked more than publicity when he "blew the whistle".
Company commanders, battalion commanders, brigade commanders, etc. etc. do no
like people "making waves" under their command.  He may not have been openly
disciplined, but he would have found himself in assignments that even a snail
would consider non-productive (and virtually the end of his career).

The statement that really upset me majorly was the statement made by Brigadier
General Karpinski when she stated that the interrogation rooms in which many of
these atrocities were committed were off-limits to her.  Talk about CYA ! !

With over 20 years of military service, I have NEVER heard of any place being
off-limits to a commander responsible for that area.

Oh, well . . .

Tom Hansen

           http://www.fsr.net/