[Vision2020] Kerry's election to lose?

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 08:10:28 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C4340A.C22C3190

Pat writes:

>This is most interesting. Anyone brave enough to actually make a predict=
ion on this election is amazing. I for one would >not make any call at al=
l. Yes, I know how I will vote and that is probably the same as this stat=
e but that is not a >surprise. It is the surprise states that will make t=
he difference. It will make for a long night.

I agree with most of what you're saying here -- the election will be a na=
il-biter -- but I think we need to distinguish between prediction and ana=
lysis.  Nostradamus does the former; John Zogby does the latter.  =20

To illustrate:

Next November, a tornado will sweep across the countryside, pick up a hou=
se, and drop it on your sister.  This will annoy you mightily, and you an=
d some flying monkeys will spend the next several days trying to track do=
wn the former occupant of the house with an eye toward snatching her red =
shoes and drowning her dog.  You'll fail, done in by a bucket of cold wat=
er.  George Bush will be sent back to Texas, and the people will close th=
eir eyes and whisper happily, "There's no place like home."  This is a pr=
ediction.

The world has gone from black and white to Technicolor.  Glenda the Good =
Witch has flown down from the North.  There are a lot of little people ou=
t in the yard singing "Ding, Dong, The Witch is Dead."  I conclude from t=
his evidence that it's the second Wednesday in November, that George Bush=
 has been sent back to Texas, and that we're not in Guantanamo anymore.  =
This is an analysis.    =20

Who says 'The Wizard of Oz' is not a political fable?  L. Frank Baum, tha=
t's who!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment  =20
 Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn=
com

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C4340A.C22C3190

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;b=
ackground-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>Pat writes:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>=
<FONT face=3DArial>&gt;This is most interesting. Anyone brave enough to a=
ctually make a prediction on this election is amazing. I for one would &g=
t;not make any call at all. Yes, I know how I will vote and that is proba=
bly the same as this state but that is not a &gt;surprise. It is the surp=
rise states that will make the difference. It will make for a long night.=
</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=
=3DArial>I agree with most of what you're saying here -- the election wil=
l be a nail-biter --&nbsp;but I think we need to distinguish between pred=
iction and analysis.&nbsp; Nostradamus does the former;&nbsp;John Zogby d=
oes the latter.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;=
</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>To illustrate:</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT fac=
e=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Next November, a to=
rnado will sweep across the countryside, pick up a house, and drop it on =
your sister.&nbsp; This will annoy you mightily, and&nbsp;you and&nbsp;so=
me flying monkeys will spend&nbsp;the&nbsp;next several days trying to tr=
ack down the former occupant of the house with an eye toward snatching he=
r red shoes and drowning her dog.&nbsp; You'll fail, done in by a bucket =
of cold water.&nbsp; George Bush will be sent back to Texas,&nbsp;and&nbs=
p;the people will close their eyes and whisper happily, "There's no place=
 like home."&nbsp; This is a prediction.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DA=
rial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>The world has gone from =
black and white to Technicolor.&nbsp;&nbsp;Glenda the Good Witch has flow=
n down from the North.&nbsp;&nbsp;There&nbsp;are a lot of&nbsp;little peo=
ple out in the&nbsp;yard singing "Ding, Dong, The Witch is Dead."&nbsp;&n=
bsp;I conclude from this evidence that i</FONT><FONT face=3DArial>t's the=
 second Wednesday in November,&nbsp;that George Bush has been sent back t=
o Texas, and that we're not in Guantanamo anymore.&nbsp; This is an analy=
sis.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>=
&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Who says 'The Wizard of Oz' is not a=
 political fable?&nbsp;&nbsp;L. Frank Baum, that's who!</FONT></DIV> <DIV=
><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Joan Opyr=
</FONT><FONT face=3DArial>/Auntie Establishment&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV> =
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.=
  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http:/=

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C4340A.C22C3190--