[Vision2020] Falsehood Stability

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@msn.com
Wed, 05 May 2004 14:45:24 -0700

What an interesting concept:  the "falsehood stability."  I'm no economist,
of course, and I don't think I know any economists--not even any of those
imposters employed by CNN or the Democratic Party--which may explain why
I've never heard of it.

Still, though, I ask myself, "Why did those 8 illusory years of imagination
prosperity and falsehood stability seem so . . . so *real*?  And why am I
numb to our current "recovery"?

Why am I plagued by the thought of U.S. jobs taking wing like flocks of
swallows and heading south, leaving behind a devastatingly high unemployment
rate?  Why do I notice with concern that the gap between the very richest
Americans and the very poorest is widening all the time?  What is it about
tax breaks for the very wealthiest folks and ever-declining services for the
poorest that nags at me?  Why don't I believe that those folks behind the
grill at Burger King are Manufacturing hamburgers, and thus restoring the
manufacturing sector of our economy?

I know!  I'm thinking too much.  Back to the world of dreams . . .

Melynda Huskey