[Vision2020] Retractions coming??

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Wed, 5 May 2004 00:05:26 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C43234.AB73AEB0

Hi Paul,

To the best of my knowledge (or, rather, to the best of my Google), neith=
er Clinton nor Gore were asked to take an oath before testifying.  In thi=
s, they were extended the same courtesy as the sitting President and Vice=
 President.  =20

Joan =20

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Duffau
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 8:05 PM
To: Joan Opyr
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Retractions coming??

Joan,

Thank you for the correction.  Fortunately, I saw your correction before =
I replied to another post and thus avoided yet another "did too, did not"=
 type of conversation.  Were former President Clinton and former VP Gore =
sworn in their testimony?  I haven't been able to determine either way an=
d the Commission website doesn't help.

Thanks again.

Paul Duffau

At 10:30 AM 5/4/04 -0700, you wrote:

I wrote:
 =20
>Both Bill Clinton and Al Gore testified in public and on the record.  =20
 =20
Pardon me; I misspoke.  Clinton and Gore did not testify in public.  They=
 met privately with the commissioners.  Gore testified for three hours, C=
linton for four.  Their testimony was recorded/transcribed.  Some of it d=
ealt with classified matters and will be redacted in the official transcr=
ipts, as is standard.  Both had advisers present, but Clinton and Gore di=
d not testify together.
 =20
Bush and Cheney, together, met with the commission for three hours.  Also=
 present were White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales and two of staff attor=
neys.  The meeting was neither recorded nor transcribed.  Committee membe=
rs were merely allowed to take notes.
 =20
Now, why Pat thinks that any of this information would inspire a retracti=
on of the various cracks we've made about George Bush's unwillingness to =
appear before the 9/11 commission without his pal Dick Cheney in tow is a=
 mystery.  Mr. Bush set limits on his own testimony that made him look ri=
diculous at best, disingenuous at worst.  The sitting president you're so=
 fond of, Pat, is forever comparing 9/11 to Pearl Harbor, but unlike Fran=
klin Roosevelt, who created a blue ribbon panel to investigate that attac=
k shortly after it happened, Mr. Bush stalled the creation of the 9/11 co=
mmission for more than a year.  Once it was finally established, over his=
 objections, he attempted to block its funding, he tried to keep Condolee=
zza Rice from testifying, and he turned somersaults and backflips to avoi=
d testifying himself.  It was only when these positions became politicall=
y untenable -- after Richard Clarke's searing indictment of the administr=
ation's pre-9/11 inaction -- that Mr. Bush agreed to testify, and then hi=
s testimony was not on the record and it was not on his own.  It was with=
 aid and abetment of Dick Cheney, whom many suspect of being the real pow=
er (or is that brains?) behind the throne.
 =20
Bush made himself look silly, weak and ignorant.  He didn't need any help=
 from the late night comics on this list -- though I, for one, thank him =
for the great material.
 =20
Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
       =20

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.c=
omGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.ms=
n.com

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C43234.AB73AEB0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Hi Paul,</DIV>=
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>To the best of my knowledge (or, rather, to the b=
est of my Google), neither Clinton nor Gore were asked to take an oath be=
fore testifying.&nbsp;&nbsp;In this, they were extended the same courtesy=
 as the sitting President and Vice President.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</D=
IV> <DIV>Joan&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-=
RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px=
 solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Origina=
l Message -----</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial=
; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B> Paul Duffau</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt A=
rial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, May 04, 2004 8:05 PM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT=
: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> Joan Opyr</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">=
<B>Subject:</B> Re: [Vision2020] Retractions coming??</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</=
DIV>Joan,<BR><BR>Thank you for the correction.&nbsp; Fortunately, I saw y=
our correction before I replied to another post and thus avoided yet anot=
her "did too, did not" type of conversation.&nbsp; Were former President =
Clinton and former VP Gore sworn in their testimony?&nbsp; I haven't been=
 able to determine either way and the Commission website doesn't help.<BR=
><BR>Thanks again.<BR><BR>Paul Duffau<BR><BR>At 10:30 AM 5/4/04 -0700, yo=
u wrote:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite"><BR>I wrote:<BR>&nbsp;<B=
R>&gt;Both Bill Clinton and Al Gore testified in public and on the record=
&nbsp; <BR>&nbsp;<BR>Pardon me; I misspoke.&nbsp; Clinton and Gore did n=
ot testify in public.&nbsp; They met privately with the commissioners.&nb=
sp; Gore testified for three hours, Clinton for four.&nbsp; Their testimo=
ny was recorded/transcribed.&nbsp; Some of it dealt with classified matte=
rs and will be redacted in the official transcripts, as is standard.&nbsp=
; Both had advisers present, but Clinton and Gore did not testify togethe=
r.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Bush and Cheney, together, met with the commission for th=
ree hours.&nbsp; Also present were White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales a=
nd two of staff attorneys.&nbsp; The meeting was neither recorded nor tra=
nscribed.&nbsp; Committee members were merely allowed to take notes.<BR>&=
nbsp;<BR>Now, why Pat thinks that any of this information would inspire a=
 retraction of the various cracks we've made about George Bush's unwillin=
gness to appear before the 9/11 commission without his pal Dick Cheney in=
 tow is a mystery.&nbsp; Mr. Bush set limits on his own testimony that ma=
de him look ridiculous at best, disingenuous at worst.&nbsp; The sitting =
president you're so fond of, Pat, is forever comparing 9/11 to Pearl Harb=
or, but unlike Franklin Roosevelt, who created a blue ribbon panel to inv=
estigate that attack shortly after it happened, Mr. Bush stalled the crea=
tion of the 9/11 commission for more than a year.&nbsp; Once it was final=
ly established, over his objections, he attempted to block its funding, h=
e tried to keep Condoleezza Rice from testifying, and he turned somersaul=
ts and backflips to avoid testifying himself.&nbsp; It was only when thes=
e positions became politically untenable -- after Richard Clarke's searin=
g indictment of the administration's pre-9/11 inaction -- that Mr. Bush a=
greed to testify, and then his testimony was not on the record and it was=
 not on his own.&nbsp; It was with aid and abetment of Dick Cheney, whom =
many suspect of being the real power (or is that brains?) behind the thro=
ne.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Bush made himself look silly, weak and ignorant.&nbsp; H=
e didn't need any help from the late night comics on this list -- though =
I, for one, thank him for the great material.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Joan Opyr/Aunt=
ie Establishment<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR><BR> <HR> Ge=
t more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <A href=3D"msn://@mail.=
mar@/'http://explorer.msn.com'">http://explorer.msn.com</A></BLOCKQUOTE><=
/BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FRE=
E MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://expl=

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C43234.AB73AEB0--