[Vision2020] Ribbons, medals, and lying to ABC

Paul Duffau pduffau@adelphia.net
Mon, 03 May 2004 06:13:20 -0700

Sunil,

Good morning!  I was out camping this weekend so this is the first chance I've had to reply.  If a young man had spoken in favor of the war and later had run on the same position as you suggested, I don't think that he would have been condemned for his consistency but might have for a slow learning curve.  I will have to respectfully disagree with the Senator from Arizona.  "Well-intentioned" indicates a higher degree of thought and purpose than was probably present.  As for McCain getting ripped in the press, he is both a genuine war hero and a darling of the media as a "reasonable" Republican (basically a liberal republican/conservative democrat).  Destroying his credibility would not further the prevailing ideology of the newsroom and as long as he takes more shots at the Republican party than the Democratic, he'll continue to get favorable coverage.

Shouting sometimes helps, as does the throwing of (soft) objects at the particular electronic device blathering away.  I don't recommend polish sausages with the works.  Doesn't damage the TV, radio, etc., but the kids will think you're a bit weird and the dogs continually lick the device in question.  Clean-up is a pain, too.

Cheers

Paul