[Vision2020] Moscow City Council Monday Agenda

Tami Stinebaugh stin1624@uidaho.edu
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:04:42 -0800

--Boundary_(ID_sqbYPiAxf8oyhcKUSVrHiA)

That was exactly what I was talking about Donovan, a third person.  The woman uses the relay service where she can call anybody at any time (including us, and we do not have a special machine).  This would make the phone number that was posted usable by any deaf person who uses this option to phone people.  She just simply contacts the middle person and types in her message, and the middle person relays it via telephone to me.  I respond to the person on the phone, and she/he types it back to the woman who is deaf.  There is no special phone needed by the person being called, but I'm not sure what you need in order to MAKE these calls.  All I know is that she made it sound as if it is something frequently used in the deaf community.

Tami Stinebaugh

--Boundary_(ID_sqbYPiAxf8oyhcKUSVrHiA)