[Vision2020] Moscow City Council Monday Agenda

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:46:53 -0800

<DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>
<P>Actually, you are right, but they use a machine called a TDD. The number listed in that statement was not the TDD number. Without this it would be impossible unless there is a third person to help out. I work with the disabled, one is partially deaf. I also once had a deaf roommate that used this machine when calling, and could only call numbers with this machine as well. Also, the City Council should always use a translator for the deaf because it is more likely a person will watch it on TV rather than go to the City Council meeting in person. Thanks.</P>
<P>Donovan J Arnold<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Tami Stinebaugh &lt;stin1624@uidaho.edu&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: Donovan Arnold &lt;donovanarnold@hotmail.com&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CC: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: RE: [Vision2020] Moscow City Council Monday Agenda
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:29:52 -0800
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Actually Donovan, a hearing impaired person can use a telephone relay to call others.&nbsp;&nbsp;We work regularly with the Idaho School for the Deaf &amp; Blind because of my son's hearing impairment, and we receive calls occassionally from our sign language teacher who is completely deaf.&nbsp;&nbsp;How it works (I think) is that they call a middle person and type in a message which is transmitted to that person.&nbsp;&nbsp;The middle person calls the number the person wishes to connect with and speaks the message to that person.&nbsp;&nbsp;That person then responds, and the middle person types the message back to the original caller.&nbsp;&nbsp;You would have to have the equipment to do this, but it is possible, and I know many deaf people do it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Just fyi,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tami Stinebaugh
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&lt;&lt; message3.txt &gt;&gt;