[Vision2020] RE: Golf (was Re: excommunication)

hayfields@moscow.com hayfields@moscow.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:28:29 GMT

This came up on my radar a while ago. When it was first proposed. To me it
smacked of discrimination.  Lets say you would like to manage a golf course,
you are well able to handle all the business courses and have been an
outstanding student.  You attempt to enter the program, unfortunately you have
a physical handicap that prevents your ever meeting the necessary golf handicap
for the program. You could never, never get into the program.  You would not be
allowed to enter. You could not meet the minimum quals.  It seems to me this is
different from being not talented in say music, you can still become a teacher
of music, still enter the program and work on it.  But this program has an
entry qual that from my golf friends is pretty stiff.  I don't like the implied
message here, one that the PGA has endorsed for years- of discrimination. And I
can not believe that the UI is wasting time and money on it. Furthermore, I
would like to know exactly how many have signed up for this option...  Bet
fewer than for the Studio Arts program!

Heather
Jordan

           http://www.fsr.net/