[Vision2020] Charter Schools

RingoShirl@aol.com RingoShirl@aol.com
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:13:00 -0500

Visionaries:

The House just passed charter school legislation - Senate action is pending.  This is a very long document.  It was first printed on March 12.  Yesterday, we were given a list of amendments that were longer than most bills.  Today we received a few more.

Our caucus met with a representative of the Governor's office and questioned some of the provisions of the bill.  He was not able to answer all questions.  During debate, not all questions were answered.

So, despite my strong desire to leave this session with good legislation, I had too many concerns to support this one now.
I will keep you posted.

Shirley