[Vision2020] A Little Something About the Presbyterian Church in the USA

Melissa Hendrickson hend5953@uidaho.edu
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:26:59 -0800

Tom-

Please be aware that not all Presbyterians are confederate flag waving, let's go back to the good 'ol days types.  I am a member of the PCUSA, it is not a perfect denomination, it has its problems, like many demoninations do.  There are several different presbyterian denominations.  Maybe you should do a little more research before you start lumping vastly different denominations together.  A quick internet search of "presbyterian church in the USA" is going to probably give you bits and pieces of all the denominations with Presby in the title.

I know that you are passionate about exposing neo-cons, but don't be so passionate that you are blind to difference.  Take time to stop, think and research.  If you read the newspaper article closely, the Community Presbyterian Church is PCUSA, and the pastor is not the one flying the Confed flag.  It is the other guy, who runs the PF presby. Church.  The Community Pres. Church are good people, I worked with the youth pastor for a couple of years.

If you want to know more about the PCUSA go to their website, www.pcusa.org.

Mo