THIS IS JUST WRONG and sloppy. RE: [Vision2020] A Little Something About the Presbyterian Church in the USA

Edward Sebesta newtknight@mindspring.com
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:33:50 -0600

The Presbyterian Church in the United States of America (PCUSA) is
formed from the merger of the old Northern Presbyterians (United
Presbyterian Church (UPC)) and the old Southern Presbyterian churches
(Presbyterian Church in the United States (PCUS).).

The reactionary elements in the PCUS refused to go along with the merger
and formed the PCA which identified itself with the old Presbyterian
Church of the Confederate States of America.

Even the PCA is changing and recently passed a resolution of racial
reconciliation which has angered the Neo-Confederate members to no end.

The PCUSA is NOT the Neo-Confederate wing of the Presbyterian Church,
and is in fact, the opposite, it is what the Neo-Confederate
Presbyterians formed the PCA to get away from.

Douglas Wilson must be overjoyed with opposition like this, for it truly
gives him a free pass. It is exactly the type of opposition he would
want.

Neo-Confederacy is something to be taken very seriously. Pot shots at
people and institutions who are not only not involved but actually have
some tendency against Neo-Confederacy is not a winning strategy.

I have as my source for research "History of Presbyterianism in America"
by Don Post and Chuck Frost, published by Christian Education &
Publications, no date. It shows all the Presbyterian denominations and
outlines their history.

Ed Sebesta