[Vision2020] Fuel Cells

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:14:34 -0800

David, Tom, Troy,

I have one current example which has been in the news lately.

First, however, I do not want to be labeled as anti-business.  Some
businesses are obviously less than honest as witnessed by the cascading
accounting fraud, insider trading, and company looting scandals.

However, many companies react to new competitive technology and the like by
either trying to copy it or steal it by various methods or, most laudably
and effectively, by trying to develop something even better.

However, some try to prevent the widespread use of new technology and
knowledge by widespread false misinformation and propaganda.

The example:  The proposed use of industrial grade hemp in ingestible
products.  Hemp has many great nutritional and medical properties e.g. high
in omega-3 fatty acids.  For the last few years many competing commodity
groups have partially financed through various hysterical organizations
campaigns against the use of industrial hemp in ingestible products, falsely
claiming that industrial hemp has the same effect on humans as marijuana.

I have not Googled this subject, but you are welcome to do so.  I would not
be surprised if you found hundreds of references verifying the above.

Wayne