[Vision2020] Challenge to Dale Courtney

Nick Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:07:47 -0800

Greetings:

Before I get to the main point of my post, I just want to say that my
favorite album is Joni Mitchell's "Ladies of the Canyon"(she got weird in
her later work), the favorite movie is "Midnight Cowboy," and my favorite
color is yellow.  According to the Luscher Color Personality Test, that
means I'm a happy guy.

And one more point: Although Dick Schmidt congratulated me on my accordian
hunting story, none of you asked why it was that animals so willingly
appear after an accordian concert.  According to wildlife biologists who
have studied this phenomenon, they all said that it was because they were
begging to be shot so they would not have to endure another evening.

OK, Dale, it's good to see that you still among the "lurking living" on
V2020.  (There are some lurking dead as well!) How do you reconcile your
libertarianism with your Christianity without radically changing the idea
of divine power?  I was scrolling through the material that Rose found out
about Steve Wilkins' choice for president (he's a doosy!) and found a real
tirade about those libertarians who dare to put self before God. Shame on them.

I'm losing track of the people that owe me answers to the questions I've
posed on V2020.  Remember how the Socratic dialectic works: you answer or
you lose.  It is as simple as that.  It's also interesting to note that
many of Socrates' dialogue partners resorted to name calling and nasty
comments when they knew they could not answer.

Nick Gier