[Vision2020] Grammar (not Grandmar)

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:41:03 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01C40502.3C397B10

All,

Most spelling errors and suchlike typos do not make a message harder to read
or harder to understand.

Using all lower case letters and the use of long old-style topical (as
opposed to modern journalistic) paragraphing remove the visual cues that
many readers rely upon when reading, especially on a computer screen.

If the writer of a posting wishes their content to be read and understood,
then some attention to capitalization, paragraphing, and other details is
helpful in achieving that goal.

Wayne

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>
To: <vision2020@moscow.com>
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Grammar

> Yes, remember that typing into email can make one a little
> more 'blind' to simmple typos, maybe because of the look of
> the screen, or the speedy nature of the medium. I've made
> dumb blunders that I would not have made on paper. Knowing
> this, I have always been a bit more tolerant of typos of
> various kinds when reading email. I have seen very prominent
> people make very silly spelling and grammar blunders, omitted
> words, etc., in email postings. So, folks, let's chill out.
>
> Bob Dickow

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01C40502.3C397B10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Most spelling errors and suchlike typos do not =
make a=20
message harder to read<BR>or harder to understand.<BR><BR>Using all =
lower case=20
letters and the use of long old-style topical (as<BR>opposed to modern=20
journalistic) paragraphing remove the visual cues that<BR>many readers =
rely upon=20
when reading, especially on a computer screen.<BR><BR>If the writer of a =
posting=20
wishes their content to be read and understood,<BR>then some attention =
to=20
capitalization, paragraphing, and other details is<BR>helpful in =
achieving that=20
goal.<BR><BR>Wayne<BR><BR>----- Original Message ----- <BR>From: "Robert =
Dickow"=20
&lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:dickow@uidaho.edu">dickow@uidaho.edu</A>&gt;<BR>To: =
&lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A>&gt;<BR>Se=
nt:=20
Monday, March 08, 2004 9:44 AM<BR>Subject: Re: [Vision2020]=20
Grammar<BR><BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Yes, remember that typing into email can =
make=20
one a little<BR>&gt; more 'blind' to simmple typos, maybe because of the =
look=20
of<BR>&gt; the screen, or the speedy nature of the medium. I've =
made<BR>&gt;=20
dumb blunders that I would not have made on paper. Knowing<BR>&gt; this, =
I have=20
always been a bit more tolerant of typos of<BR>&gt; various kinds when =
reading=20
email. I have seen very prominent<BR>&gt; people make very silly =
spelling and=20
grammar blunders, omitted<BR>&gt; words, etc., in email postings. So, =
folks,=20
let's chill out.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Bob=20
Dickow<BR>&gt;<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01C40502.3C397B10--