[Vision2020] Reformed & Evangelical Christianity.

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:32:20 EST

-------------------------------1078633940

In a message dated 3/6/2004 8:03:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
scho8053@uidaho.edu writes:
P.S. For those of you that're interested in the technical details (and either
Doug #1 or Doug #2 can correct me if I'm wrong), Christ Church's place on the
evangelical-->reformed continuum is a little muddier than I make it out to
be. As I understand it, the CRE is composed largely of formerlly-evangelical
churches that, like Christ Church, have accepted the Presbyterian form of church
government and certain points of Reformed theology, but do not meet the
confessional requirements (or do not wish to give up the autonomy) to be admitted
into the PCA, RPCUS, or OPC . Thus, they are a confederation rather than a
denomination, and their confessional background is perhaps a bit schizophrenic.
I will trade you jobs. My job doesn't allow me enough time to do that much
research. Especially with PCA, RPCUS, or the OPC :) I just got enough time in my
BVDs to watch a DVD, and maybe play my PS2 on the TV. Once in a while I can
write on my PC. But this is OK because it keeps me out of trouble with the FBI,
CIA, DOD, and ATF. Make sure you read the PS. :)

Donovan J Arnold

PS. "OK" stands for Old Kinderhook. (Andrew Jackson's nickname)
"S.H.I.T." Stood for "Ship High In Transport." I will give you one guess what
it was they shipped high.

-------------------------------1078633940

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 3/6/2004 8:03:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, scho8053@=
uidaho.edu writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>P.S. For those of you that're interested in th=
e technical details (and either Doug #1 or Doug #2 can correct me if I'm wro=
ng), Christ Church's place on the evangelical--&gt;reformed continuum is a l=
ittle muddier than I make it out to be. As I understand it, the CRE is compo=
sed largely of formerlly-evangelical churches that, like Christ Church, have=
 accepted the Presbyterian form of church government and certain points of R=
eformed theology, but do not meet the confessional requirements (or do not w=
ish to give up the autonomy) to be admitted into the PCA, RPCUS, or OPC . Th=
us, they are a confederation rather than a denomination, and their confessio=
nal background is perhaps a bit schizophrenic.</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>I will trade you jobs. My job doesn't allow me enough time to do that m=
uch research. Especially with PCA, RPCUS, or the OPC :) I just got enough ti=
me in my BVDs to watch a DVD, and maybe play&nbsp;my PS2 on the TV. Once in=20=
a while I can write on&nbsp;my PC. But this is OK because it keeps me out of=
 trouble with&nbsp;the FBI, CIA, DOD, and ATF. Make sure you read the PS. :)=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS. "OK" stands for Old Kinderhook. (Andrew Jackson's nickname)</DIV>
<DIV>"S.H.I.T." Stood for "Ship High In Transport." I will give you one gues=
s what it was they shipped high.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>