[Vision2020] Music to my ears

Geoff Allen geoff-a@moscow.com
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 20:21:15 -0800

> would anyone care to share their top three or four songs of-all-time
> list?

I mostly lurk on this list (if you can call deleting most of what's
written on a list "lurking"). Frankly, I think the bickering that is
the norm around here is a waste of time, so I rely heavily on the
delete key when going through the posts on this list. However, this
looks like a topic worth my time (and near and dear to my heart).

My favorite songs:

"Take Five" by Dave Brubeck, from the album "Time Out"
"Blue Rondo a la Turk" by Dave Brubeck, from the album "Time Out"

(These two are perhaps the two greatest jazz songs ever recorded. The
whole album is fabulous. Brubeck's piano and Paul Desmond's saxophone
are a wonderful combination.)

"Something That We Do" by Clint Black, from the album "Nothin' But The
Taillights"

(This song is perhaps the most perfect description of what love and
marriage are really all about.)

"All Creatures of Our God and King", hymn with words by St. Francis of
Asissi

(My all-time favorite hymn. Majestic music and powerful words. It
doesn't get any better.)

Well, that's four. I guess I'll have to stop. I would easily have 10-20
that qualify as "all time favorite."

Geoff "Back to Lurking and Deleting" Allen