[Vision2020] It's better, girls, to love the Marlboro Man . . .

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 11:34:41 -0800

Citing an Oxford University study that no one else seems to have heard of,
Gary Bauer, former Republican presidential candidate, current president of
the right-wing political activist group American Values, and all-around
bug-eyed freak, this week warned a smoke-free but gay-tolerating public that
homosexuality is much more dangerous than smoking.  Listen up, kiddies:

". . . the government has an obligation to promote public policy that is
best for the general welfare and to discriminate against behaviors that
adversely impact society and public health. Tobacco use is heavily regulated
by the state and smoking is strongly discouraged.  A major study conducted
by Oxford University demonstrated that homosexual conduct is three times
more deadly than smoking.  Homosexual behavior is fraught with adverse
health affects.  Again, this is not opinion, but documented medical fact.
Public policy must not be ignorant of medical facts associated with this
lifestyle and from a public policy perspective, the behavior should not be
encouraged by affording it the status of marriage."

At last!  Traditional family values meet public health policy, circa 1953.
Joe Camel for Surgeon General!  Pass the ciggies, please, full strength, no
filter.  I find that any barrier between me and my tobacco interferes with
complete, God-approved, safer-than-sex, not to mention more relaxing, oral
gratification.  Ah, that's better.  Tar.  Nicotine.  Arsenic.  Formaldehyde.
  Puff, puff, puff.

Now (gesturing with cigarette like Bette Davis in All About Eve) let me tell
you something, Gary Bauer.  You need to slow down.  You need to pay
attention.  You need to take that blindfold off of Mrs. Bauer.  Because I
tell you what my ugly little friend, it doesn't matter if you're gay or
straight -- if you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast.

"Fasten your seatbelts.  It's going to be a bumpy night."

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: My grandmother fell off her dinosaur the first time she heard that sex
and smoke joke.  Did I mention, though, that the dinosaur was Gary Bauer?

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar – includes FREE pop-up blocking!