[Vision2020] IKON update

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:29:24 EST

-------------------------------1078241364

Visionaries:

Monday's LMT published a letter to the editor addressing the closing of the
UI press.  The "unidentified" English professor (who self identifies in the
letter) quoted by Linda Morris as saying "I was told by one English professor if
you are going to establish credibility among your peers, you do not publish
with your local press." Dr. Robert Wrigley goes on to say  that although he said
something "very much like that" Linda Morris has "grotesquely misrepresented
what I said in order to make it appear as though there was support within the
English department for closing UI Press.  As far as I am concerned, nothing
could be further from the truth, which was abundantly clear during he meeting at
which I spoke.  I think the next step, in regards to academic integrity,
would be for Ms. Morris to offer me, and the UI community, an apology."

I don't imagine one will be forthcoming, do you?

Rose Huskey
Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

-------------------------------1078241364

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Visionaries:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Monday's LMT&nbsp;published a letter to the editor addressing the closi=
ng of the UI press.&nbsp; The "unidentified" English professor (who self ide=
ntifies&nbsp;in the letter)&nbsp;quoted by Linda Morris&nbsp;as saying "I wa=
s told by one English professor if you are going to establish credibility am=
ong your peers, you do not publish with your local press."&nbsp;Dr. Robert W=
rigley goes on to say&nbsp; that although he said something "very much like=20=
that" Linda Morris has "grotesquely misrepresented what I said in order to m=
ake it appear as though there was support within the English department for=20=
closing UI Press.&nbsp; As far as I am concerned, nothing could be further f=
rom the truth, which was abundantly clear during he meeting at which I spoke=
.&nbsp; I think the next step, in regards to academic integrity, would be fo=
r Ms. Morris to offer me, and the UI community, an apology."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I don't imagine one will be forthcoming, do you?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZ=
E=3D"12">Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.</FONT></DIV></BODY=