[Vision2020] Gravel Pitt decision Justified.

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:41:29 -0700

Tim, Wayne, all,

After seeing this issue was of concern for many people, and not wanting to
believe that every liberal in Latah County was for the burying of children
in gravel pitts, I checked into the facts of this decision. It was correctly
made by the board of commissioners, here is why;

1) There was already a gravel pitt there. Therefore, any argument that it
disruptive seems mute when there was a gravel pitt there already.

2) It is not running 24/7. The hours were negotiated with the city of
Potlatch and they were limited to normal hours.

3) Increased safety standards were put into the project. Children not being
watched by their parents, pets, and the curious are safer with this new
gravel pitt then they are with the old one right next door.

4) The roads will not be dusty, because of modern methods used

5) Putting the gravel pit next to the old one saves the taxpayers money.

6) The gravel used is in fact used by the residents of Latah County.

You can verify these facts with the Court House.

Overall, this is better for the environment, better for the taxpayer, and
safer for the residents.

Granted, it sucks for the 100 people that live next door. However, they
should have thought about that before they moved next a gravel pitt that has
been there longer then them.

So if you are willing to go without roads, or against the environment, or
want to raise taxes on the already over taxed, you are justified in opposing
the decision of putting the new gravel pitt next to the old one.

Respectfully,

Donovan J Arnold