[Vision2020] Can you follow this?-Stroschein

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:54:24 -0700

Wayne,

Sometimes you say the smartest of things on here. Other times you say things
like this:

"Gravel pits can have horrible adverse impacts.  Crushing and blasting
operations can be heard for miles.  Dust becomes a problem.  Heavy,
sometimes arrogantly reckless, large truck traffic will be increased.
Blasting can affect the water table -- some might lose wells.  [This
happened with a small gravel pit in our neighborhood.]
Safety issues are of concern.  Small children can fall into pits if they are
not correctly and carefully fenced, etc."

Do you really think that the Commissioners are so dumb that they don't
consider safety or water issues? Think they are anti-children. Come'on.
Further, do you think we should shut down the roads running in front of all
the homes with children. Children can get hurt ya' know. Ever live next to a
stadium, highway, airport, bus station, high school, elementary school,
preschool, horse track, train track? They are all noisy too, should we ban
those as well?

Obviously, nobody wants these in their back yard. But they got to be
somewhere because we as a society need them. Just like all those states back
east that complain about the Nuclear Waste in their state that THEY
generated. We all live next to something we don't like.

I for one think it takes courage to stand up against the public. No matter
where you dig a gravel pit, someone is going to complain. You want to do
something about it, don't drive on the roads. Don't use anything that
requires gravel.

If you find the location of gravel pit more important than if Doug Wilson
maintains control in the community, that is your choice.

Donovan J Arnold