[Vision2020] Zarafa Tutorials

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:05:10 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_039C_01C449A6.13436840

Rose, et al,

Your description of Cult Master Douglas Wilson's self-conversations (blogs)
remind me of when I worked in downtown Los Angeles.

A particular religious crackpot had these shouting conversations with himself.
Many of these conversations occurred in Pershing Square or MacArthur Park.
Occasionally he sought other venues.

He was a huge, fat, slobbering man always dressed in an ill-fitting suit of some
sorts.  He would shout out some self-satisfying religious/superstitious raves.
Although no one had responded, he would then scream,  "You do not believe it?"
This would be followed by more contorted explanations and raves.  One did admire
his stamina.  He was around about 20 hours  a day.

One summer his aggressive rantings got louder and more threatening.  He now
claimed that he was harnessed to God and was controlling the weather.  I found
him entertaining, but alas, many found him too annoying.

He disappeared from view.  I do not know what happened but one of the bartenders
at Diamond Jim's on Wilshire near MacArthur Park said that one day he had some
kind of seizure and as a result was committed.

Ranting to one's self about superstitious beliefs in front of the world does not
speak well of the ranter's (now called bloggers) mental health nor does it bode
well for the ranter's future freedom of movement.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco@moscow.com