[Vision2020] Can you follow this?

Dan Carscallen predator75@moscow.com
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 06:40:33 -0700

Tom,

You're thinking of the Moscow City Council elections -- take it from a
guy who came in second to last ;^).  Top three vote-getters get the
three positions, and everyone picks three (at least for the 4 year terms
this last go-round).

County Commissioners, while elected by the entire population, are
running from a certain "district" (for lack of a better term, or lack of
knowledge of the proper term rather).  Moscow is divided into 3 pieces
of pie, and the lines "radiate" out thru the county.

As far as who to vote for, I think most people on V2020 are edumacated
enough to know who to pick without Donovan having to tell us what to do.

DC

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Tom Hansen
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 5:55 AM
To: Donovan Arnold; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Can you follow this?

Quick question for you pollsters out there:  During a general election,
while voting for county commissioners, aren't the voters provided a list
of candidates and told to select three of them?

I am pretty sure that his is how it is done on election day.  Using
Arnold's example, wouldn't it be possible then that the "new" county
commission might consist of Kimmel, Nelson, and Pike, thus only
replacing Stroschein?

After having voted in many many primary and general elections, that is
how I understand/remember the process.

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Just another radically moderate left wing conservative

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com