[Vision2020] Grrr . . . Local Revisionist History

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 13:25:27 PDT 2004

Saundra kindly provides the following update of Doug Wilson's ruminations:

>Taking Over Moscow?
>Topic: General Ruminations
>A certain kind of mind cannot wrap around the concept of political consequences being accomplished >apart from political instruments or means. .  And consequently, when we say, as we have often said, >that we do not have a political agenda, we are accused of being disingenuous (Luke 8:10). . .
>2. Politics is not what we are fighting with. . .
>3. We therefore do not need to employ political tactics (campaigns, petitions, yard signs, etc.) to >accomplish what we are after . . .
>Posted by Douglas Wilson - 7/22/2004 11:27:02 AM"
>http://www.dougwils.com/

Just as the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, the reason we fail to recognize a distinction between "political actions" and "actions that have political consequence" is because there isn't one.  Doug can quote Luke 8:10 all he likes -- for the apostates out there, that's Jesus saying, "It has been granted to you to know the secrets of the kingdom of God; but the others have only parables, so that they may look but see nothing, hear but understand nothing."  If claiming to know the secrets of the kingdom of God and acting to ensure that your own idiosyncratic understanding is enshrined in local, state, and national law does not constitute political action, then I'm Cleopatra's asp.  A kick in the teeth is a kick in the teeth; it doesn't matter if your foot is motivated by G-O-D or the GOP.

Doug is disingenuous, and, what's more, his pants are on fire.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
     Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorermsn.com